If you are looking for a great saw that you can use in several different locations, we will give you some information about the portable table saw. The main difference between the table saw and the portable table saw is, of course, the portability. The portable table saw is much smaller and lighter in weight than a regular table saw and because of that, it is fit for transporting.
Whether you’re a professional or just an amateur, this saw is a great choice but there are a lot of different models on the market. This is why we recommend you to choose the model wisely. This machine can be really long lasting and it’s just one additional reason to pick the best portable table saw for your needs. To help you with that we chose the most important features you should look for when buying a portable table saw.
Best Portable Table Saw: What to Look For
There are several features you should pay attention on when choosing the best portable saw to match your needs. We advise you to read this and take it into consideration before you buy a product that you may later regret. It is also recommendable to read some reviews on the specific models to get even more information.
- Weight: Weight is a really important factor when it comes to any portable machine. Some portable table saws can be so heavy that you would probably give up from transporting it and would use it in one place only. If this happens, this saw can nevertheless get the job done perfectly but this isn’t what you looked for since the portability was a meaningful factor to you. To prevent that we recommend you to choose the model that is under 150 pounds and preferably under 120 pounds.
- Rip capacity: Rip capacity means the amount of space there is between the blade and the fence. This is a really important thing to pay attention to because it determines the maximum length of a board you want to cut. This means that if you have a portable table saw with a rip capacity of 20 inches you will be able to cut boards that are up to 20 inches long, not more. However, there is some portable table saw that have a rip capacity and an extending fence which means that you can cut board longer than the rip capacity. This is a great feature and we recommend you to look for it.
- Anti-kickback pawls: Safety is a really important thing when dealing with any type of saw and we advise you to look for a portable table saw with additional safety measures. Some portable table saws have anti-kickback pawls. Most saws have a kickback effect which can reduce the control you can have over the saw and this can eventually result in injuries. The anti-kickback pawls reduce the kickback that you feel and result in having a greater power over the saw. We highly recommend you to look for this option as it will minimize the possibility of injuries.
- Type of the fence: You should also pay attention to the type of the fence. We recommend you to choose the T-fence. This fence will help you cut easier and faster because it allows you to extend the cutting surface in different directions.
- Dependable stand or card: We advise you to choose the portable table saw with this feature because it makes the transporting even easier and we believe this is a really important thing to you.
We hope that this article has been of use to you. We advise you to read some reviews to be even more sure you won’t regret your decision. Also, we feel obligated to tell you to use the safety equipment. Safety equipment is usually made out of gloves and goggles and is recommended to everyone, even the professionals with 30 years of experience. It is also important not to ever use the machine under influence of drug or alcohol. You should always be careful and concentrated while using it because safety comes first.