If you require a circular saw for around the house use, or if you are a hobbyist that occasionally does some carpentry or woodworking, you might be slightly hesitant to buy a sidewinder or a worm drive saw. After all, they are heavy and expensive, and if they won’t see a lot of use, you might be spending a lot of money on a product that will be shelved for most of the time. This Versacut model from Rockwell is a great mini circular saw that will fit your bill perfectly, and is quite affordable as well!
Features of Rockwell RK3440K
Expertly made, this handheld circular saw is durable and efficient. The maximum cutting depth is 1 inch, and the 4 amp motor is capable of producing 3 800 RMPs, which is quite sufficient for a maneuverable saw that weighs only four pounds!
- Laser guide – Your cut will be extremely accurate thanks to the laser guide system that is incorporated into most of Rockwell products, including this saw. It will help you achieve a clean cut, but keep in mind that it is powered by external batteries.
- Base plate doubles as a blade guard – Base plate guides your blade but it also doubles as a blade guard. Once you complete your cut the blade retracts inside the base plate, making it an excellent safety feature.
- Vacuum port – If you want a clean cut then visibility should be your top priority. This saw has a vacuum port that suctions all those boring dust particles that stand between you and ultimate accuracy!
Advantages of Rockwell RK3440K
- Three different cutting blades – This saw comes with several accessories, including storage bag, but the most exciting accessory inside is the set of cutting blades! More precise, you will get three different types of cutting blades that are suited for everything from hard wood to ceramic tiles.
- Easy to maneuver – Being ergonomically designed, this saw is more than ready to tackle every job you might have around the house that requires your immediate attention. It is easy to maneuver and little repairs are done with utmost ease.
- Compact and lightweight – Weighing only 4 pounds, it is extremely lightweight and easy to carry around the job site. Its compact design allows you to easily store it when not in use and it comes with its own casing.
Some buyers note that the saw is not designed with left-handed people in mind, as it is quite difficult to get a clear line of sight from that perspective. Other than that, most agree that it is a must have, especially for hobbyist and DIY enthusiasts that occasionally work with wood.
Rockwell RK3440K VersaCut Circular Saw is a great versatile tool to have around the house should you ever find yourself needing to do some light woodworking or carpentry. It is powerful and affordable, and like all other Rockwell tools, durable to a fault. If you are looking for a budgeted option for a circular saw, but still want quality, this is your product!